This section of the site is where you will find links to any documents or tools we develop throughout the project.
A reminder that unless indicated otherwise, all content featured is licensed by NELI under a CC-BY-SA license
You will also find links to external sites we have found relevant and helpful.
NELI CASE STUDY
- NELI's Case Study Report 2014-16
We have conducted an intensive action research case study based in two under-resourced schools in the Metro Central District of Cape Town. This report lays out the impact of this case study, which aimed to understand the challenges facing School Governing Bodies (SGBs), as well as to test possible interventions designed to better capacitate them.
tools and project documents
LAW AND POLICY
- GM Foundation's School Governing Videos for SGB capacity building
- Education Rights Project booklet on SGB Rights and Responsibilities
- Corruption Watch Toolkit for SGBs
- Bra Tjotjo and SGBs (Corruption Watch's video)
- School Governing Bodies have a vital role to play [Ground Up, February 2015]
- NELI talking SGBs on The Leadership Platform [CliffCentral.com, February 2015]
- NELI talking SGB elections on 702 and CapeTalk with Redi Tlhabi [download or stream the Podcast, March 2015]
[this podcast is licensed by 702 under CC-BY]
- A chance to bring change to schools [Business Day Live, October 2015]
- Corruption Watch SGB election handbook